Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sick Days

I got the dreaded call the other day. I had to go pick Mary up from daycare because she was sick. Her eyes were draining pus and the skin all around her eyes was so red it looked like someone punched her in the face. I took her to the doctor yesterday and come to find out, all the systems on her face were infected. She had drainage coming out of her ears, nose, and eyes. Three antibiotics later plus albuterol treatments for her lungs and 24 hours later she is like a new girl! Today I stayed home with just her and we had the best time. She was still too sick to go to the sitter, but she was well enough to play here at the house. We played dollhouse, trains, read books, I even got to enjoy the beautiful fall weather and took her for a stroller walk. By late afternoon after her nap, I decided we should go to the grocery store before we went to get Elijah. She was an absolute angel. I hate to say that I like sick days, but I really do appreciate the focused time I get with one of my children at a time when they are so needy.

No comments: