Wednesday, July 14, 2010

because I am thinking in bullet points right now

  • Went bathing suit shopping today. Ugh. But it had to be done. The one I ordered from Land's End, well...how about if I let Elijah sum it up: "Mom, I think it looked better on the person on the computer." O-kayyyy, that one is going back. The one I actually tried on at Target was better. And cheaper.

  • As I washed and pressed the kitchen curtains this week I decided that I am ready to paint again. I think I've finally had enough red kitchen.

  • Eating green beans, cukes, zucchini, banana peppers, and cherry tomatoes from the garden right now (well, not RIGHT now, but you get the idea)

  • Unhappy with the sleeping situation at my house right now. The problem: nobody is sleeping, but everyone is tired. Bedtime was 2.5 hours ago and no one is asleep yet. Trying to remain calm.

  • Excited about making more jam soon --peach and blueberry fo' shizzle and maybe raspberry

  • Hung curtains in the girls' room today; glad I saved them from when Elijah was little because they match that room nicely. Glad to have window treatments again. We'll see how long they last. Can't have nothin' nice with no kids around.

  • Been trying to get some balance back in my life by exercising daily again and I am sort of becoming one of those weird people that loves to run. But only on the treadmill and only with the iPod in my ears very LOUDLY. I already did it once today, but am contemplating doing it again tonight. Plus it's a good excuse to listen to the Avett Brothers. LOUDLY.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Do it! (Run again, that is. And paint!) Bob's painting the kitchen right now. He finished the sunroom earlier today, but, alas, he dislikes the color I chose, so it will be repainted.

Your garden rocks.

And I miss you. Can we get together sometime soon?

LauraSuz said...

I am one of those weird people that loves to run, although I haven't in a very long time.

The jam you're making sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

test