Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome to the world, Seth Seraphim


Baby Seth came into the world at 7:53 yesterday morning.  He is the only baby that I actually went into labor with.  Tuesday night I was having contractions that were longer, stronger, and closer together.  At midnight we packed bags and kids and drove to town.  They admitted me right away with contractions only minutes apart, but I didn't dilate.  So, they gave me some medicine for pain and I was able to wait for my own doctor to do the surgery first thing in the morning. Surgery went fine, no complications.  I definitely felt the best I can remember of the 4 times I've now done this. 

He is also our biggest baby: 9 lb. 12 oz. He came out asking for meat and potatoes.  I am currently still on vacation at chez IU Hospital, feeling great, sleeping pretty great, visiting with friends, enjoying some time with him one-on-one right now. My meals come to me, I don't wash the dishes. If I want to take a nap, I just take it.  I might not go home.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!!! So precious. I love his name, too!!! Yeah, those hospital stays can be pretty nice. Hope the transition to home goes well, too!!

Sara said...

Michelle!!! (ok, and Brian) Congratulations! I love his name! What a sweet boy. 9+ pounds??? Good Lord. Glad everyone is doing well. So happy for you. Rest up and enjoy every minute of your "vacation".

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the beautiful boy! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Oh Congrats to you my sweet "old" friend. Enjoy your new family of four! Your youngest is beautiful!

Melissa said...

YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!! You're a pro!!! Caroline said, "Awwwwww!!" :) Love you guys! Enjoy all the newborn snuggles! He's adorable!