Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Reality check

I have a lot of things swirling around in my head right now, but not many coherent thoughts. I feel like the last two weeks have flown by at warp speed. I am gearing up for going back to work in only 5 days. Today I went grocery shopping, realizing it would be the last time I go with just Emily, during the day. It is one of my favorite times during the week; slowly walking the aisles, picking fresh produce, talking to her about the things we are buying. I also bought food for my lunches for next week. I went into my classroom today to do some cleaning, organizing, and prepping for next week. I don't want to have to stay late after school as I know I will be tired and ready to see my family. Eek, this is really happening. I am torn, because I love staying home (with a paycheck!!), but I also love teaching. I never do transitions well.

We got notice today that Elijah was admitted to New Community School for next year, which has all day kindergarten, only 12 students in a class, and individualized instruction. Yay! We think this school is going to be a good fit for him. We live within the city limits and there is no all day kindergarten available, so this was our only option other than pay for private school. Now I just have to figure out how to get him there at 8:15 in the mornings.

My grandparents were here yesterday for a short visit. The kids were thrilled to spend the day with "great gram and papa". We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel (the kids' choice!!) and played outside. Elijah watched The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe while papa snoozed on the couch. It was a fun day. Unfortunately no pictures since I am out of batteries.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I was wondering when you were heading back to work. I thought it was coming up soon. I hope that transition goes well for you and the whole family!!

Bob"O" said...

I'm sure that if you continue to work next year We can all pitch in and get Elijah to school. I'm in training right now.