Monday, July 21, 2008

Attack of the fruit flies!

Man, I cannot seem to get rid of the fruit flies that are in my kitchen. I thought they were gone since we weren't home for a week. Instead I think they multiplied because as soon as I put some new fruit (even wrapped in the plastic store bags), they were back with a vengeance. My kids must think I am crazy because I seem to be randomly clapping my hands while I am at the sink.

Today I had to go to school to help interview two applicants for a kindergarten position. Mixed emotions. There were lots of teachers there working on their classrooms and photocopying!! I do love the beginning of school, but I am not ready to think about school that closely yet. I guess we only have 3 more weeks until we start, so it is time. To start thinking about it. I decided today that I need to buy a planner for my purse or a pda. Brian, Elijah, and I will all have different school schedules and I can't even seem to keep track of our lives while we are on summer vacation let alone when I start having to take care of 25 kids that are not mine.

Tomorrow I will register Elijah for kindergarten. I guess it is really happening. This summer I have really noticed him growing up. I feel like we are about to open to the next chapter of our lives: the school aged child. He will be six at the end of next month!! He's already talking about next summer when he'll turn seven. Whew, I do not want to think about that!!

Mary went in for her 4 year old check up today. She is still in the 90th percentile for height and weight. We just don't know where she gets it from. After her appointment, she and I went to visit my friend Kerrie who just had a baby last night. He was so cute!!!

Brian is gone tonight, working on the rails for the back porch. He realized he needs to get his butt in gear on some house projects that we were planning for this summer that have yet to happen. Hopefully we can get the rails up and some kind of lattice or something around the bottom, and maybe just maybe new steps built (I think I am just now getting used to the ackward length, now I'll probably trip if the steps are right.)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Kerrie had her baby?!?! Yay!! What is his name? What are the specifics!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

GEEEZ, only 3 weeks till school starts?! Seems like you were just posting about the last day of school. Summer always flies by so fast!