Monday, October 06, 2008

Birthday weekend





This weekend we celebrated my 30th birthday!!!!! It was the perfect birthday weekend. The weather was perfect for fall. I booked a shelter at Happy Hollow Park that was near the playground so the kids could run and play and the adults could talk without having to be right there with them the whole time. Many of my wonderful family members came from Michigan, as well as my dear friends, Scott and Melissa. They stayed with us Friday night. It was so good to see them again. Melissa is a Purdue engineer turned professional cake decorator and she made my cake! It was gorgeous. We had the best time hanging out with everyone. We hung out around the campfire two nights in a row, went to the Farmers' Market in the morning to walk around (and I got 5 lbs of honey crisp apples for $5.00), I got to visit with so many people that I don't get to see very often as well as some of my closest friends that I do get to see often. Oh, and I am super excited about my gifts. I asked people to dig a perennial plant to share from their gardens and I got some great new additions including hostas from my great grandma's house where I used to play as a child (courtesy of my grandma--my great grandmother is deceased). I cried when I saw them. My family also bought me a composter. I can't wait to start using it. It is coming in the mail this week.

6 comments:

mamato3 said...

Happy Birthday! You're cake looked beautiful!

Vonna

Anne said...

I'm glad you had a great birthdays. Birthdays are wonderful!

You and Mary look radiant in that first picture. And oh my! I've never seen your mom before - you ladies look almost identical!!! I loved all the pictures.

melissa said...

Happy 30th birthday! I'm jealous that you got honey crisp apples that cheap - I'm addicted and they're $3/lb here!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
It was great to see you! We had a great weekend!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Happy birthday! October birthdays are the BEST!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a fun time with the Family!!