Thursday, February 26, 2009

As I am sitting here working (I'll use that term lightly) at the computer I can hear snoring coming from the dog crate in the kitchen as well as the bedroom. Brian has been home from work for 3 days now with the flu. I didn't get a flu shot this year so I am really praying that I don't get it next. He has been REALLY sick.

So. Here's a question. Since the dog is asleep currently, do I get him up to take him outside one last time before my bedtime? I have no idea how many times a day a dog goes to the bathroom. Hmm. I guess it's not like a baby where he is going to start crying if I get him up, but to be honest his snoring is really sweet and I don't want to get him up. He has been so good tonight. Brian took him for a long walk around the neighborhood when he got home and he has been in his crate (to protect him from the 6 hands that want to keep touching him) for the rest of the evening. We really haven't heard a peep out of him. Emily can't wait to get her little hands on him. I will tell you who is not excited about the new face--Mac. He is a scrappy little cat, so my guess is that he will be the instigator (if there is one), but he was all Halloween cat today with the arched back and hair standing on end and everything. He took off to the basement around 5:30. I carried him up and past the crate in the kitchen at 8:00 and he took off for our bedroom. I guess this might be a good diet plan for him since to get to his food he must walk right past the dog.

1 comment:

Annie said...

How can you not post pictures???

And, since it's your first night with him, I'd probably wake him up to take him out. Bob and I sometimes have this debate when Lily's snoring in his study. It's a consoling sound, and we hate to wake her up, but better that than an accident...

It sounds like he's a great dog. I hope Mack adjusts quickly.