Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The dog days of February

I am not going to post about this evening when I was quietly washing dishes in the kitchen for 20 minutes all by myself and then I remembered as the baby toddled in without a diaper and the nasal saline in her mouth, oops...the baby isn't wearing a diaper. I also then had the thought, hmm...if she has the saline then she was probably in the bathroom. I won't think about how she has been bee-lining for the toilet these days when the bathroom door is left open. It was awfully quiet and peaceful though for 20 whole minutes. No, this post is not about children. It is about our newest family addition. We are getting a dog! I know some of you family and friends are thinking that we are certifiable. And we probably are. But, nonetheless. Instead of new years resolutions we sat down at the beginning of the year and thought about some of our long term goals for our family and what steps we could take to make them happen. Allowing more interaction with animals was one of the things we could do now. We have found a dog that we think is a good fit for our family. We were supposed to bring him home yesterday, but Brian had to go and get really sick so we haven't gotten him yet. I think it will be Thursday afternoon. He is a 4 year old lab- border collie mix. We think we are going to name him Carter. As in June. Brian really liked the name Cash, but I felt a little strange about that name, so Carter seemed to be a good compromise.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Good luck with the Dog! That should be tons of fun!mrs_