Thursday, April 23, 2009

I took Emily back to see the Orthopaedic doctor today and he says things look good! She had the splint removed and just has her fingers taped together now (which I've only had to rewrap five times since we've been home tonight!) We'll go back to see him one more time in 2 weeks but I think everything seems really routine. Her stitches still look pretty ugly and it bothers her to see them. She kept holding up her hand to my face to kiss it while we were in the doctor's office. I am a little nervous about her pulling them out because she does tend to pick at it.

I always think of these funny little things that happen in my daily life that I want to post about and if I were on facebook or twitter then I probably would. But here is one of them. Down our street where I walk the dog there is a home that looks like an elderly person lives in it. It used to have two of those stone goose statues on either side of the sidewalk entryway, usually with some red, white, and blue plastic flowers wrapped around their necks. They have recently been replaced with two buddha statues. Whaaat???

3 comments:

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Sounds like your neighbors have discovered that whole "enlightenment" thing. Too funny!

BUMMER about little Emily's poor hand!!!!!!! :(

Anonymous said...

this is gramma susie leaving a test comment

Anonymous said...

ok,michelle, this is susan with megan trying to teach me how to leave a comment....