Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It is amazing to me just how different my children are. Elijah is very literal about things. He has always been very pragmatic and historically does not really enjoy teasing, joking, or things that he knows are not true. Mary is a whole other story. She wants to believe in all things fantasy.

She and her friends have been gathering the danedlions that have gone to seed, calling them wishing flowers. She has a whole bunch of them in a glass of water in her room. Last night she whispered in my ear, "Mom, when will I get my DS (a small handheld game system) and my American Girl doll?"

One other funny thing she said yesterday on the way home in the van:

Mary: "Mom, our house doesn't have a chimney does it?"
Mom: "nope"
Mary: "If our house had a chimney we'd believe in Santa Claus, right?"

No comments: