Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To say that we've been busy lately might just be an understatement. I think we are starting to feel that if we're not in motion we are asleep. Let's see...where should we start?

Last weekend (Mothers' Day) was a pretty awesome time. On Friday night I went to the grocery store alone after everyone was put to bed so that I wouldn't have to worry about getting to the store for the weekend. Brian was having band rehearsal at our house when I got home. Saturday morning we got up bright and early to meet some of his students and co-workers at the Attica farmers market to sell the rest of Seeger's greenhouse plants. Brian took the older kids with him and I stayed behind to walk the dog, get a shower, and let the baby sleep (not in that order). I had such a great time walking Saturday. It was crisp and sunny with a bit of wind. Emily was putting her face out to feel the wind on it. You could almost see the wheels turning as she contemplated what the feeling was. She and I met the others later in the morning in Attica. The farmers market is in the elementary school parking lot so the kids had a great time on the playground all morning with some of their friends. We came home with (another) truckload of plants for our yard so in the early afternoon I put tomatoes and sunflowers in the ground and potted some Mothers Day plants. Later that afternoon I went and got a fabulous pedicure with a friend and when I got home it was time to get ready for the SITTER! Yes, we were out of the house Saturday evening with no children. The STH played the Mosey down Main Street and it was SUPER, UBER fun. I went in several shops that I'd never been able to visit, saw tons of people I knew--and got to talk to them for more than 30 seconds, and went out to dinner with our friends. It was truly a fabulous night. Except that Mary wouldn't go to bed for the sitter, but that's another story.

Sunday we spent at church and hanging out with Brian's family at his sister's house. We played kickball, laughed, enjoyed our family, and ate some great dinner.

This week has been a bit of a blur with the STH performing at his parents' church Mother/Daughter banquet dinner last night, me on a field trip to the Indy Zoo yesterday, and Elijah's upcoming Independent Research Night for school on Thursday--oh wait, I mean, tomorrow. I think the end of the school year is always busy, but this is the first year it has been THIS busy. I am sure glad I did not sign anyone up for spring sports.

No comments: