Sunday, May 03, 2009

A very productive weekend

And the aching back to prove it!! Saturday morning we were supposed to walk the mini marathon in Indy, but we just hadn't trained enough so we walked a "mini" mini. Brian and I met up with his mom at the state park at 8:30 on Saturday morning. Bob-o watched Elijah and Mary so we could keep a decent pace. We walked about 7 miles, or a little over half of a mini marathon. It was about 2 hours. The weather was perfect and the setting was beautiful, so I am not too sad we missed the Indianapolis sea of people. After we got home and rested for a while I decided to work in the yard. I got weeds pulled, more veggies planted in the garden, and the grass mowed. Today after church I bought some mulch and got it layed in the front beds. I planted almost the rest of the veggies and lots of the potted herbs. My biggest accomplishment was getting the back junk yard area dug up and cleaned up so we can plant more things behind our garage. Now all the junk that was in the dirt is on the back concrete pad, so I am hoping to finish that project this week.

Here is what we have planted in the garden so far:

sugar snap peas, carrots, lettuce, cabbage, spinach, swiss chard, onions, potatoes, cucumber, squash, yellow peppers, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, tomatoes.

herbs: cilantro, italian basil, thai basil, lemon grass, flat italian parsley, catnip, thyme, garlic chives.

I am really excited about eating a lot of our own food this year and that it is farmers market time again.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I'm impressed! Sounds like it'll be a great garden.

And way to go on a long walk yesterday! What a good day for it.

mamato3 said...

I too am impressed and exhausted just reading bout everything you are able to acomplish.

Karla said...

You need to take a picture of your garden at some point and post it. We can't fit 1/4 of that in ours!! We just have tomatoes, carrots, romaine lettuce and green beans. :)