Thursday, June 18, 2009

Well, apparently our computer is going to crash soon, so I guess I'll post again today. I just tried to upload some pictures and there are some kind of fatal errors happening. What I was going to post was a picture of my house on the last day it will look the way it looks for posterity. Tomorrow starts phase one of our summer construction project. We ordered the new siding today. Wahoo! Tomorrow Brian will start cutting holes in the side of our house to add some windows to our second story attic. These windows were purchase in, um... 2005(?) I want to say. They've been sitting in our garage ever since. This is step one to having a functional attic space. I know it will at least give more light up there. Next week we (why do we women always say "we"?)--Brian and Bob (his dad) and anyone else who is interested in helping will start putting up the new siding. We went against the supposed theory that blue houses don't sell. We both really liked the dark blue with white trim. We're going to add white shake shingles to the front of the porch which I am really excited about. Hopefully I will add some pictures of the process.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'm so excited for you guys! And I like the idea of the shake shingles on the porch. Very nice.

I hope you don't mind if I do frequent drive-by's to see how things are coming along. :)