Wednesday, October 14, 2009

If anyone still reads this blog : )







Here are the pictures of the girls at the Feast of the Hunter's Moon last weekend. My mom spent the better part of last week putting Mary's dress together and it turned out splendidly! Just beautiful. Emily got a bonnet as well, after seeing how much she enjoyed her sister's. Unfortunately the weekend didn't pan out quite like we'd hoped--the rain made the Feast a mud hole and to make a long story short I ended up taking the girls on the shuttle bus to get there and upon arrival didn't have a way to transport our 'wants to run away' toddler, so I ended up carrying her most of the day. I started feeling sick and didn't even get to play my fife with the corps like I was planning to, and it was a good thing I decided I just wasn't up for it. I ended up sick in bed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday with the worst strep throat I've ever had. Elijah was also down sick with a sinus infection for 2 days. His school closed today for the next two days because they have so many out with the flu.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I want a bonnet too!

Annie said...

I would have been in heaven with that dress and bonnet when I was her age! Your mom's a pro.

Melissa said...

oh no! Hope you're feeling better!!

Karla said...

Did I mention that my dad read the Little House on the Prairie books to me when I was younger? I think I said that when you were talking about your trip. I should read them again as an adult. I really wanted to go to the Feast with the kids this year. It was just too close to my due date, though. I know Nathan would LOVE it! I always tell him how mommy and daddy dressed up and worked there. I miss those days!