Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Well, it's done.


I guess all I can do is wait now to find out if we go to Alaska this summer or not. I've been diligently working on writing a Lilly Teacher Creativity grant for personal renewal. It will be a month long trip to Alaska, flying into Anchorage and then driving by RV to state parks. I totally am not planning on getting it......But. What if I do? It's an $8,000 grant. Just for personal renewal of teachers. They fund 120 every year. Will mine make the cut? We definitely could not self-fund an $8,000 trip. So, if it doesn't pan out we are tentatively making plans for Yellowstone this summer. Although, I can't help but think that in terms of buying a new van (which we will NEED to do if we are going to continue driving across the country every summer) it would be great to not need to use it this summer so that we can finish paying on it before we sell it. At this point with it needing a totally overhauled a/c I can't imagine us getting enough out of it to make a decent down payment on the next one...unless we don't owe very much on it.

Unfortunately I won't have any information about the grant until February. I am trying to not be anxious about it. Actually, I'm not. Yellowstone would be awesome. Heck, I'd go back and do the exact same trip we took last summer and not even be the slightest bit disappointed. But, even still it's the waiting. And the wondering.

5 comments:

bethany said...

That would be amazing. I'm just afraid you guys wouldn't come back. :(

Anne said...

Wow! Well, it's definitely something to keep you excited. Though like you said I think either trip sounds nice!!

Sara said...

Ok, this is not related to this post, but I was catching up on your last few and I have to say...When did your kids get so old? :) I'm sure you say the same thing, but it seems like you just had Elijah! How in the world do you have 3 kids, not babies? How do I have 2 kids? Where does the time go? They are all so beautiful and look like they are doing great! Keep up the good work. Hopw everyone is well. Maybe we will see you guys one of these days!

mamato3 said...

Wow! What an awesome opportunity that would be. we'll be ssaying lots of prayers that you get it. If your travels ever bring you out our way, make sure you let us know. I say this every time I check in on you all...I can't get over how much the kids have grown. they are just beautiful:-)

Anonymous said...

I know the plans I have for your life. Plans to prosper you and to give you hope and a future.

What peace is ours trusting and waiting on the Lord.