Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Is anyone else a little worried about the predicted 8 inches of snow for this weekend? Mostly, I just don't want a snow day. Every day we postpone this school year, it just means one more day I have to teach this class. Ok, that sounds a little harsh. I don't mean for it to... they are just making me nuts.

Actually, my school is supposed to be done several days before Memorial Day this year and I'm looking forward to not tacking on a bunch of snow days at the end for a change. My school corporation just adopted a new calendar for next year and we start a little later in August than we have the last few years, so potentially I could get an extra week of summer this year. Which would be awesome--especially if we end up in Alaska for the month of June. Then when we return, we'd still have a nice long summer in a place that isn't cold. I am getting really anxious to know about the Alaska grant. I should know by Feb. 23rd. Brian and I were dreaming last night and then getting practical, like, "if we get it, we are going to start family walks immediately. And we will have to start going to Turkey Run and hiking in rain and snow and everything so we're prepared." and "We're going to need hiking boots. And rain gear. And a new stroller." "We should definitely plan to fish while we're there. Cooking our own fish at our campsite sounds amazing." (Who is cleaning these fish, I wonder?) We really need to stop this, I think. It's probably not going to happen. It's probably not going to happen. It's probably not going to happen. but what if it does?

1 comment:

Annie said...

Mom & Dad decided to come for a short visit (arriving today and leaving Saturday), and I really debated whether or not to tell them about the expected snow because I didn't want them to cancel their trip. I just called them, but they'll come anyway. Phew.

BTW, I really hope you get the grant.