Friday, August 06, 2010

Another list

I can thank my dad for the "list-making" gene. I get so much satisfaction from crossing things off when I'm done. I think lists are also helpful in condensing jumbled thoughts into a concise thought process.

Reasons I love to run

1. It is all for me. I don't talk to anyone (I've tried and almost killed myself falling off the treadmill (LAAAA)) or think about anything.

2. I feel healthier when I'm done.

3. I set small goals for myself like "I'm just going to make it to the end of this song" or "start up again at this certain lyric in a song" and feel great when I've completed them.

4. Since I started at the beginning of the summer I can tell that my endurance has increased. I've never really been a runner before and I'm able to go lots further (farther?) than I ever expected.

5. I can eat two pieces of peach pie and hope it will be offset by my daily run.

No comments: