Sunday, August 19, 2007

our crazy new life

What a whirlwind last week was. Brian and I both went back to work; he at his new teaching job and me at my old teaching job. We crashed every night in our messy house, ate pizza for dinner like 3 nights last week and went to bed most nights at 9:30. It was kind of like slamming on the brakes of our summer life and leaving a big skid mark on the road.

On Saturday we finally got to reconnect and packed up the kiddos for Turkey Run State Park for hiking trails and a picnic. It was wonderful fun to spend time together. This week promises to be just as nuts with Elijah starting preschool tomorrow morning, leaving the house earlier than we're used to so I have time to drop everyone off, my kindergarten students start tomorrow morning, Elijah's birthday is Wednesday (snacks to make? ... no, buy. for daycare AND preschool), and then next weekend is my sister-in-law's baby shower of which I am helping to plan and make food for 35.

I am trying really hard to get organized and plan healthy meals for the week, find time to work out, and keep the house relatively clean. Brian has been amazing. He is so helpful with the kids, cooking meals, and helping clean. I know how tired he is--first year teaching is so draining!

No comments: