Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The waiting is the hardest part

My sister-in-law Megan went to the hospital to be induced this morning. Even though when I was induced with Elijah I didn't progress and ended up having a c-section, I was hoping Megan would speed right along. Unfortunately here it is 3:32 pm and she is only 1 cm more dialated than she was before she went in. Also, if I would have been working today the time would have passed faster...but, no. At 7:15 this morning when I was combing Mary's hair, what did I find? LICE!!!!! Oh, yes, head lice. So I proceeded to freak out, then dropped Elijah at preschool, took Mary to school with me while I scrambled up some sub plans and waited for a substitute to come. We bought the super-expensive RID kit and for the next 2 hours I proceeded to wash her hair, and pick nits out using this really fine toothed comb. The whole time she screamed and cried because the medicine was stinging her head which has scratches all over it (should have been a tip--she has been itching her head a lot lately). I also did my own head and Elijah's too, but haven't found any more bugs yet. Well, I better get back to the laundry!

2 comments:

Anne said...

I hope to see a picture or two when the baby finally gets here!!

Karla said...

Oh Michelle! LICE!!! My sister's little girl just went through that about a month ago. It is a HUGE pain! She spent hours and hours combing through her hair. Good luck!! ;)