Tuesday, August 19, 2008

a day in the life of Elijah

First thing this morning Elijah jumped out of bed, got dressed and came out with his backpack on, proclaiming that he was ready for school.
Brian took the day off to drive him to school and spend the afternoon with him since they had a half day.

Elijah, with his new teacher, Cristy. That is going to be hard for me to get used to. They don't use Mr. or Mrs. for teachers. Everything else seems really good, though. I like the school a lot and I think it will be a good fit for Elijah.
A special lunch date for the new kindergartener (who will be 6 on Friday!!!!!!)

5 comments:

Anne said...

And look how tall he is standing next to his mother!!!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Congrats to Elijah! And he's going to New Community School! My neighbors' daughter goes there. (The other 3 aren't old enough for school.) They are really happy with it. I think it's a perfect fit for like-minded hippies! Like you though, I think I'd have a hard time with calling teachers by first names only... it'd certainly be something to get used to!

mamato3 said...

Congratulations, Elijah! I can't believe that you've started kindergartena dn are already going to be 6! time goes by way too quickly. Have a wonderful birthday and we look forward to seeing lots of pictures.

Big HUGS from Texas! Because you know things are always bigger in TX!

Miss you guys,
Vonna, Sean & the girls

Sarah said...

I have heard great things about that school as well. It's right across the street from our house! Some of our neighbor's send their son there as well (in fact, he's probably in Elijah's class!) and are really happy with it.

Megan said...

I think I might cry! So my favorite picture is the one where he is posing with his teacher. I don't know where his attention is, but it is such a classic Elijah expression. I can't believe he is in kindergarten already. I knew it was coming all summer, and it didn't seem that bad. But seeing his excited face and his striped polo school shirt makes my heart all twisted and my eyes sting. When did he grow up?