Friday, September 26, 2008

Here are the highlights

I feel like so much is going on in our lives right now that I gloss over some major things in the sake of time spent on the computer. So, here are the highlights...

Elijah is really liking school. He is having some trouble with one little boy so there has been a little bit of drama with that, but he likes his teacher and today he came home and told me about his first little crush. I couldn't even begin to write about it in the way he told me. It was too cute. He likened her to Padme Amidala (spelling?). He said, "she's just so beautiful. I just wanted to look at her."

Emily just took off this past two weeks! She is now pulling up on everything. We lowered her crib last Sunday when we found her standing up in there. She is crawling ALL over the house and getting into everyone's stuff. Her favorite thing to do is find dust bunnies along the baseboards or chew up paper. Thankfully I'm not the only pair of eyes watching her. Her big sister and brother keep a pretty good watch over her. Her first tooth FINALLY broke through today. 10 months old...whew! I was beginning to think she'd be gumming her first birthday cake.

I quit nursing her last week when it was just too difficult and I wasn't really making enough milk. It was hard for me, but on the bright side she is sleeping through the night pretty consistently now so I feel like a much more rested person most days.

Big things happening this weekend are the Feast of the Hunter's Moon which is a really big festival here along the banks of the Wabash River. Elijah and I are working at the booth for his school. He is working at the tea booth and I am babysitting the worker's kids. Tomorrow night is the long awaited cd release party for The SmallTown Heroes. It's gonna be big! Next week will be a short week! I am taking my class on our first field trip on Tuesday--its the pumpkin patch/apple orchard one, so that's pretty fun. Then on Thursday night we are heading down to Indy to see Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. Thanks, Megan and Everette!! Brian and I took Friday off work and then Saturday is my big 30th birthday party at Happy Hollow Park. I can't wait. Several of my family members are driving down from Michigan as well as our good friends Scott and Melissa. We haven't seen them in ages. She is a professional cake decorator and she is making my cake!!! I. can't. wait.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I seriously almost cried when I read about Elijah. How is it that he is growing up so fast? I hope you guys have fun at the feast!

Megan said...

p.s. according to wikipedia you totally spelled Padme Amidala right
(well there is an accent over the "e" but I don't know how to do that )

Annie said...

I wish I knew who Padme Amidala was. I may have to look her up (thanks, Megan).

I can't believe that tooth's through. No wonder she gnawed on everything she could reach today...