Friday, November 21, 2008

I just really looked at the calendar

I realized it is exactly 1 week today until Emily turns 1. And it hit me. She is growing up! So, I will take this moment to reflect a bit on her 1 year of life outside of me. (As we will be out of town on her actual birthday and I am home with sick kids who are sleeping). Unfortunately they are in reverse order, but I am not messing with moving them all around now. I guess if you want to view them in chronological order scroll down to start and work your way up.

Early October 2008-Eating solid foods, loving cheerios by the fistful. Drinking out of a sippy cup.
July 2008-Owls Nest Macatawa. hanging on the beach with the fam. Not crawling yet. Likes sitting in one place playing with toys or laying on tummy.
May 2008-At the wedding of her godparents. Sitting upright is fairly new. Likes to be held most of the time. Spending days with the Fish family while mommy is back at work.

February 2008-big sister loves holding and snuggling. Emily prefers to lie down on her back, but will sit up when someone is holding her.
At one week old. Man, do I even remember what was happening? I wasn't doing much sleeping that's for sure!
Brand new baby. Just minutes after delivery. You can still see the umbilical cord on her. Technology is amazing. Since I was all drugged up and in recovery I didn't even see this particular moment live. So I am thankful that Brian had the camera in with her.


We love you Emmaroo!

2 comments:

Karla said...

I can't believe she is going to be one!!! Times flies by WAY too fast!!!!

Annie Hatke Schap said...

Happy birthday to Emily!!! What a cutie patootie!!!!