Thursday, November 13, 2008

Not to keep the suspense going for so long

Yes, it is indeed Wheel of Fortune. Or "the wheel" as Elijah affectionately refers to it. He structures his whole evening around it.

At 6:30 pm: "Mom, it's almost 7:00 I can't ________." (fill in anything I might ask him to do...brush your teeth, clean up your room, do your homework)

He always roots for the coolest looking male player and wishes "bankrept" on anyone other than that. Unless the coolest looking male starts to lose. Then he roots for whoever has the most money.

4 comments:

Megan said...

hilarious! Literally laughed out loud! Your kids crack me up!
Like when Mary doesn't want to take a nap so she starts her little cry whine for her "Mommy!!!!!!!"
seriously who is more hard core when it comes to naptime than mommy? Of all the names to cry out when trying to avoid the nap. Mom puts the nap smack down. Aunt Meg delays the nap with hot chocolate and graham crackers. Kids!?

Annie said...

I want to watch it with him. I LOVE Wheel of Fortune. When we used to visit my grandparents in Iowa and go to Saturday night Mass with them, I used to sneak looks at my watch, hoping we'd get home in time to watch The Wheel (because, of course, my family didn't watch tv at home).

Oh, and I'm very good at it, too. :)

Karla said...

That is so funny! :) When we are watching football, he always asks if it is the Colts. If it isn't, then he says that he wants the team that is winning to win the game. If they get behind, then he chooses the other team. I guess that is a good way to always win! :) He seems to have Elijah's logic. :)

Karla said...

I was talking about Nathan by the way... :)