Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well, I will say one thing for Emily...she doesn't give up easily. You know, unlike my other two children who are very mild mannered. Maybe that will serve her well. Unfortunately for me, it means she absolutely will not stop crying and go back to sleep. I have a sneaking suspicion she has a sore throat like her sister does because she is not crazy about eating or drinking this evening and she is actually flinging limbs at me and thrashing her body around in her crib. I've given her Tylenol, I've tried rocking, feeding, changing. Hmm. I guess if she is just going to cry, she is just going to cry. It's just kind of a helpless feeling for me. I know from times in the past her version of crying it out could last several hours. I WANT TO GO TO BED!!! Seriously, since I started this post it has been over an hour. She doesn't want to be held. She just wiggles around. As soon as I lay her back down she starts screaming. AUGH!

This week has been trying for us. Mary has been sick. Really sick. Not getting out of bed for 3 days sick. Her fever has been around 102-103 and she won't eat, barely drinks, just lays there with big dark circles under her eyes. She watches television.

This is coming off of the weekend where she and I got the throwing up variety of the flu. That was fun. I really hope Emily is not coming down with what Mary has had. We did take Mary to the dr. and it seems that she has a virus. The kind that comes with pus on your tonsils. Brian has been home with her the last two days. Tomorrow is my turn again. I do think she is turning the corner. Tonight she ate a piece of pizza (it's been takeout almost every night this week--or cereal) and sat with me in the chair.

Many thanks to our wonderful daddy who has been nursing us all back to health. He got to clean up puke twice this week--once in his car, he's been making Gatorade runs, writing sub plans, being on baby patrol so I could get some sleep, and not being too grouchy about it at all. Thanks, Brian!

What is the lesson learned this week? We are not ready for a dog.

3 comments:

Annie said...

NOOO! I can't believe she wouldn't go to sleep! I hope you get to catch up on some sleep today...

Anne said...

That is definitley a frustrating feeling!

on the bright side, at least you learned the dog lesson before you got a dog.

Brian is grea and so are you!!

darcilyna said...

gotta love the dog lesson. sorry it's been a sick house for you. you are blessed that brian can help out... and i hope you all can catch up on sleep soon!!!