Sunday, January 04, 2009

Something I love about Winter Break

Cleaning!!!! I bet you thought I was going to say being home with my family, or traveling, or resting. Well, I do love all those things too. But something that makes me feel really good is a deep clean and organization. I think if I were a stay at home mom I wouldn't keep up with it either, but when I know I have a break I just start cleaning. Brian has kind of caught the bug too. Even little things that make our life more organized makes me feel calmer. This break we:

installed small hooks for keys and glasses (both of which I could never find when I was ready to walk out the door. My kids will agree.)

cleaned out the kitchen utensil junk drawer and installed some hooks on the back of a kitchen cabinet for nesting cups and spoons, etc. Now you can open and close the drawer without something getting stuck!

cleaned and organized all kids closets

took several bags of stuff to Goodwill

cleaned off the desk (which is already piled with junk again. I don't think this one is quite organized yet!)

swept and vacuumed the scary basement

Brain's guitar stuff is all in drawers and suitcases; one guitar hook on the wall for keeping a guitar out, but up off the floor

scrubbed kitchen cabinet doors and baseboards --a problem for white painted cabinets--all the spilled food and dust shows


So, now we can spend the next three months getting it all dirty and disorganized again until Spring Break(s). All three of us have different weeks.

No comments: