Tuesday, August 18, 2009

cutting back

In the interest of my sanity I am cutting out some things that I think are important, but just not attainable for me right now. No more cloth diapers during the week, no more teaching flute lessons, no more fall garden; and we are making a serious effort to not plan up all of our weekends. I am trying enjoy my job and not to start the countdown to next summer when I can "be me" again.

We got rid of our entertainment center and tv on Sunday. Took them to the curb and they were gone within the hour. We found an ad on craigslist for a free piano that we are picking up this week. Man, does it ever feel great to not have a tv again!

We have a houseguest this week: it's our dog buddy, Judah! Carter is so happy having a friend here that we are considering getting a second dog. It is breathing new life into that tired old dog. Believe me, it won't be anytime soon. But it is at least something we are considering.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! Good for you guys...

That piano is going to be well-loved, I'm sure.

It sounds like you all have made some big, good decisions.

Anne said...

We really enjoy not having a TV but we struggle often with letting the computer be just like a TV.

I hope this school year is wonderful for you!!