Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Helpers


This year was very low key for us since Mary was still recovering from her tonsil surgery. Mary was shaking some heavy whipping cream to make some homemade butter. Elijah made the apple pie--as in he peeled all the apples and sealed the pre-made store crusts. It is great to have such helpful staff in my kitchen!

We got a lot of stuff cleaned out and organized at our house while we were home for a long weekend. We've started packing boxes so that we can organize as we pack. I really do not want to haul a bunch of stuff out to the country just to re-box it and drive it back to Goodwill.

We put up our artificial tree tonight. I so look forward to the Advent season and all the twinkly lights. It's a real conundrum for me to get all the decorations out just to box them back up in three weeks. I think we may just not put decorations on the tree, only lights. We want to have one last Christmas at this house, but we may set up a real tree at the new house because I am one of those people who wants the tree up all the way until new years.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I agree! I think you should get a tree for the new house! We leave ours up until Theophany (at least)... :)

Happy birthday to Miss Emily, and please tell Mary that we're praying for her recovery.