Thursday, November 18, 2010


Tomorrow is the big day for Mary. Brian and I are off work, the other two kids are accounted for, and I am pretty much clearing the schedule (at least mentally) for the next couple of weeks. Of course, it is hard to remember that Mary is having surgery tomorrow because we're so wrapped up in the fact that WE BOUGHT A HOUSE this week. Not just any house--a house in the country with 5 acres and barns and fruit trees and a walnut grove and a chicken coop. Yes, folks, my country living dream is about to come true. It is a big 1900 farm house with 4 bedrooms and plenty of square feet for stretching out. The yard is beautiful, the surroundings are beautiful--tons of trees (including maples--one of my favorite), rolling hills, gravel road. Straight up-the country. We are set to close in mid-December and we're planning on moving over winter break. I think part of me is still in shock that it is really happening, but the other part of me is calm and collected about it because we've already been up and down this roller coaster before. It just feels right.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I saw on Brian's fb. I'm so excited for you guys!!! I hope all goes smoothly and it is everything you've always hoped for!!! Congrats!

LauraSuz said...

Yay for moving to the country!!! Your kids are going to love growing up out there! Congratulations!!

Melissa said...

YEA!!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to see it, sounds awesome!

Sara said...

I've missed the last few posts...wow! Lots of things have been happeneing around your house! (or should I say "new house"??) Congratulations! I hope Mary's surgery went well and she is feeling ok.