Thursday, November 04, 2010

Who knew that being gone for the weekend would tire us out for the whole week? Man, I seriously can't believe tomorrow is Friday already. The van is {almost} unpacked. No joke. I did at least vacuum it today. The stuff that is back in the house is still sitting in piles near the door. The dishes have piled up. The laundry fairy is not doing a good job at all. Ha! It's a good thing we had such a good time last weekend.

Speaking of fairies...Elijah had to get a tooth extracted this week. I like that word, extracted. It sounds much more professional than pulled. I really wished I could've gotten the camera to focus on the little note he wrote. It said, "Tooth fairy. Leave 8 dollars."

Please. For a tooth that you didn't take care of in the first place. To a fairy that you don't even believe in.

Same day. Mary went to the Ear Nose and Throat doctor. Drumroll, please...after 3 years of strep throat again and again and again. She is finally getting her tonsils out. I had mine out when I was 3 and still remember the weird dreams from the anesthetic so that should've been a clue that this is serious business. But, I guess I wasn't thinking about it. The post-op recovery time is 10 days. No school for at least a week. Expect to lose 10 lbs. Take Lortab for pain. YIKES!!! She has already missed 8 days of school this year. We scheduled the surgery for Friday the 19th so that she will only miss school Mon-Wed of Thanksgiving week, but we can't travel to see my family in Michigan like we often do for Thanksgiving. The post-op sheet says travel is restricted for 14 days-within an hour. Boo. At least she will hopefully be better after we do this.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Boo, poor Mary! I had to get tubes in my ears when I was 9 and it was no fun. Hope it keeps her well afterward!