Saturday, May 05, 2007

HIVES!!

Not the bee kind, the big red welty kind. All over poor little Mary. In her hair, down her legs, and all over her trunk. I took her to the doc this morning (on a Saturday--gotta love the Peds. clinic) to find out what in the world this was. It was a huge relief that it was a. nothing contagious and b. nothing that will hurt her. We don't know if it was some sort of delayed reaction to the anesthetic from her surgery or something else entirely. But Benadryl is supposed to do the trick!

Today has been 'get caught up on the chores I don't have the energy to do during the week' day. I actually scrubbed the shower--LONG overdue, am working on the laundry, and got the kitchen spiffed up. Ooh, and I got the doorknobs put back on the doors. Over Spring Break I took a bunch of the knobs and hardware off to strip the paint off, and now they are back on. They look good. The only problem now is that the doors need to be repainted. It makes me feel so much more at peace when my home is in order. I just wish I didn't have to be the one to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Mary, it just seems like she can't catch a break.
I giggled at your closing comment. I feel the same way. I do feel more at peace when my home is in order, it is the doing it part that is such a bummer! Where are the magic fairies when you need them.
Love
Meg