Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mary's surgery

Mary did really well getting her new ear tube put into place this morning. I was nervous for a couple of reasons: 1. there is general anesthesia involved 2. I didn't know how she would react to being left alone with the doctors. She did just fine though, and bounced right back in the post-op room. We even went out for breakfast afterwards and did some grocery shopping before heading home for naps. Now we will get to relax for the rest of the day and enjoy being home. Elijah spent the night at my parents' house so we wouldn't have to wake him up (we had to be there at 6:30 am) and have him sit at the surgery center with us. My mom took him to the sitter's house so he will be there until after his nap this afternoon. He gets upset when I pick him up too early because he loves playing outside in her yard with the other kids.

On another note, I was supposed to have my first ultrasound yesterday, but it got rescheduled for today. Then I got a call today that the technician was ill again and we wouldn't be able to get in until next Tuesday. I am really beyond anxious to find out when this baby is going to be due!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad Mary's surgery went well, and hope you guys get to relax the rest of the day. I remember getting tubes and it wasn't nearly as awful as I thought it would be, but mom was still worried. It all turned out ok. Better yet, I had far fewer ear infections!

Talk to you soon!

Anne said...

I'm so glad to hear that Mary's surgery went well.

And I can't wait to hear your due date! Please keep us posted.

So good to see you and chat with you this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Ummm I am so glad Mary is alright. But seriously!!!! Yea for you being pregnant again! Another little Michelle in the world is a wonderful thing.