Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Survival

Okay, so I have survived the first three days of my workshop. It actually has been really informative and only a little boring. Thankfully we have also been receiving lots of (expensive) classroom materials that I will probably even use. AND it's been fun to go out to lunch every day with teachers I know pretty well, but don't get to see very often. Only 2 days left until my summer officially begins.

Today was Elijah's last day of zoo camp. He learned about mammals, birds, and reptiles. It was kind of pricey, but it seems like it was money well spent.

Today when Brian and the kids picked me up from my workshop we went out to Battle Ground and picked strawberries at the Pretty Prairie Berry Farm (say that 3 times fast). A couple of observations about fresh picked berries:
1. they are much smaller than the ones from the grocery store--in fact some were more the size of raspberries. The larger ones were over-ripe
2. they are not as sweet as the ones in the store--which makes me wonder about modified food. It's a little sad to me that food from the farm just doesn't taste as "good" as what is the most large and colorful from the supermarket shipped from across the country.
3. they might be most delicious right there in the field

1 comment:

Anne said...

I wish I could go strawberry picking...when they're warm from the sun...that's the best!