Thursday, June 28, 2007

Weekend getaway

It seems like we've been taking the weekdays to recover/prepare for the next weekend. This weekend will be my last outing for a few weeks. I am actually getting (a little) tired of so much vacationing! This weekend Brian and I are taking some time for the two of us and we are camping in Northern Michigan. The weather looks cool, so I don't think there will be much Lake Michigan swimming this time, but it's kind of exciting to be able to do whatever we want for three days. We are going to a State Park that is so beautiful and right on the lake. There are also lots of nearby water towns to wander. We've even kicked around the idea of Mackinac Island--it's only an hour away from where we'll be...

Elijah and Mary are staying with Brian's mom for the weekend. I think I am taking our separation the hardest of anyone. Blast these pregnancy hormones. I took them to the sitter today and that is where we said our goodbyes until Sunday. Elijah was watching some cartoon and Mary was busy playing with the kids. So, I got my kisses and hugs and they were like, "Yeah, we get to spend the weekend at grandma's!" Which IS honestly better than them crying and being sad--then it would be really hard to go.

No comments: