Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I guess my postpartum days are over

Emily is 6 weeks old today!!!


Here are a couple shots of this growing girl. She is up to 11 lbs. already and well on her way to 12! She is holding her head up pretty well and starting to give her first smiles. I had my doctor visit today and was given a clean bill of health. The one disappointment was that he said I should wait a couple more MONTHS before attempting abdominal exercises. I have already started walking and trying to eat pretty healthy in an attempt to slide into my jeans--they're so close, and yet so far...I am also trying to find an inexpensive outfit to wear to my brother's wedding next weekend. It's in Florida--on the beach. I just hate buying clothes that I (hopefully) won't be wearing for very long. I did buy a couple of shirts this weekend, but they were cheap and probably won't last that long anyway.

6 comments:

melissa said...

she's gorgeous! I heard somewhere that it takes 9 months to stretch your body into full-term shape, and 9 months to get it back. Apparently, my body was misled and believes the child was in the womb for 4.5 years... or maybe it still thinks there's a baby there... who knows. Have fun at the wedding!

mamato3 said...

She is absolutely beautiful.

Anonymous said...

i agree with the 9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off theory (at least in most cases).

i'm sure you'll look great for your brother's wedding...

darci

Anonymous said...

I seriously cannot believe your brother is getting married. This is crazy to me!!! Are you taking three children to Florida? I want lots of pictures.

Karla said...

She is a doll! I can see Mary and Elijah when I look at her. So cute!

Megan said...

uhhh what's up with your last comment?