Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We're back

We had a wonderful Christmas! We've seen most of our family and spent lots of time relaxing, eating, and laughing together.


The girls got some really cute new clothes from Aunt Nancy. We spent 4 days in Cleveland. It was fun as usual.
We got Mary some new markers and easel paper which resurrected our easel from the basement. She also got a beading kit, and an EZ bake oven that she is way excited about!! She's sitting in her new glow in the dark camp chair that she is so excited about. She asked if we could have a campfire that day.
Elijah wanted a video game system for Christmas. Unfortunately for him, he has parents who won't spend $300 on a new system. We bought him some games for our N64 (I know, it's archaic right?) for a total of around $50.00 and he is happy as a lark. I know in a few years the peer pressure will be much harder to deal with, but for now he has no idea that our old system isn't cool. I am truly thankful that our kids are so happy with so little compared to others they know. I mean, Elijah was thrilled when he unwrapped new superman underwear. He just about went through the roof when he opened the Prince Caspian dvd.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I think it comes from good parenting! p.s. I am glad to hear that Mary likes her new chair-have you tested it's glow in the dark ability yet?

Karla said...

Anthony's parents bought us a Wii almost two years ago. I am with you.. I wouldn't spend my own money on something that expensive! Plus, the games are so expensive too. But, I do enjoy the wii. We got out our N64 about 6 months ago, and Nathan starting shaking the controller and said it was broken... :) Oh my!!! :)