Monday, April 26, 2010

New things, big things

I submitted my application for grad school.

I just realized that it is time for me to renew my teaching license. It will expire in March of next year, so it's now or never. It's the second time I've had to do it since I graduated. Every 5 years I will have to take at least 6 college credits at my own cost. It seems a little silly to keep paying thousands of dollars and not be working towards a degree (and a pretty decent pay increase). What's that old saying about necessity? Sometimes I just have a really hard time making decisions.

We've gone round and round about whether or not I will stay where I'm at, whether we will move and I'll find a new job (or no job). But when all is said and done right now we feel pretty comfortable with our home and community. We are loving our back yard with the privacy fence. The attic project is coming along nicely--we've been kicking around some new ideas for ceiling using recycled materials and when we re-roof this summer, yes, I said when, we will put in skylights as well. I think we are committing to staying here and taking out student loans. The kids are all getting big enough that I am getting pretty regular nightly sleep and I think I will be able to manage a few classes at a time. Maybe I have finally just gone off the deep end and am embracing the CRAZY!

Now, if we could just find room for some laying hens in our garage.

3 comments:

LauraSuz said...

Congrats on grad school! My mom did the same thing when Joe was a baby.

I love the sentence about embracing the crazy! So true.

Annie said...

Whoa, Michelle, congratulations! That's exciting...

Melissa said...

Yeaaaaa Michelle!!! Oh, precious sleep... I rarely get enough, but when I can, I usually can't. Remember those days??