Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oh, man! What a great weekend. I keep thinking that the fabulous weather we've been having is going to disappear back to average temps, but we're going on two weeks of 70's (with a couple of cold days in there). So I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts. The garden is looking great--the lettuce, garlic, onions, spinach and sugar snap peas are all up and thriving. The lilacs are about to open, which means the poppies are not far behind. I've been longing for a magnolia tree, but am content to enjoy other peoples just as much. Unless we put it in the back yard (where??!!) we wouldn't even be able to enjoy it.

We put the hammock up on the back porch this afternoon and instead of cleaning the house or doing laundry I lounged and drank sun tea. Emily came down with a fever last night and has been pretty fussy all day, but slept for most of the afternoon. Mary said her throat and head hurt, so it seems likely to me that Emily is fighting the same thing. Come to think of it, my head hurt really bad today too, but I thought it was the wine I drank last night! :)

Looking forward to just 6 more weeks of school. Brian and I have been voraciously planning our summer. We can't wait!! No big house projects this summer--well, maybe a new roof, but we're still thinking on that, and looking forward to LOTS of down time.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I really want a magnolia tree someday, too. They're just so beautiful! Happy Easter to you guys.