Thursday, July 26, 2007

The end (beginning?) is near

I am starting to prepare myself like a responsible adult should for the fact that in a few weeks school will be underway. Today Laura and I went to my classroom to start getting it ready for a new year. She did a fabulous job doing the floor to ceiling bulletin boards that I really struggle with and she moved big heavy tables and computers for me.

I think I will like my room a lot more this year. Last year was my first year in this classroom and the teacher before me was a 20 year kindergarten teacher who left me everything. I had a hard time knowing what to keep and what to let go of since I had my own 6 years of materials. So, I stripped the walls to nothing and I am starting fresh this year. I have been purging lots of things. Also, since I know I will be having a substitute for at least half of the year I am motivated to organize my things. Otherwise they won't be able to find anything. I think I will be able to enjoy my vacation next week lots more knowing that lots of the big stuff is done in my room.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Good for you getting started on all that classroom stuff! I can't believe the beginning is so close! The end, for me, is much closer - one week away! Spare a prayer or two, if you can!!!

And I'm going to drop your stuff off sometime next week. :o)