Friday, July 06, 2007

I love my garden

I love that I can go cut just enough fresh lettuce to make a salad and there isn't a soggy bag of wilted greens at the bottom of the produce drawer in my refrigerator. I love that my kids enjoy eating our own green beans and helping me shell peas. I love picking grape tomatoes right off the vine and eating them. I love cutting zinnias and putting them in vases in my house. I love weeding and watering and looking for what is ripe in the twilight after my kids are in bed. The only down- side is that when I go to the farmers market at this time of year there isn't much for me to buy!!!

2 comments:

LauraSuz said...

Color me green...I'm jealous! I can't wait to have my own garden someday :o)

Anne said...

Yeah, your post made me want my own home with my own garden, too! Sigh! Someday...

I have to drop by sometime so I can return your dishes from the delicious meal!!!