Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Greene's go green

I escaped germville last night for a brief visit to Target to replenish our beverage selection and a few other essentials. I got to use my new string bags to take home my purchases. I decided as my first ever new year's resolution that I am going to make an attempt to stop wasting plastic bags. Every time I go to the grocery store I bring home at least 15 bags and I just can't reuse all of them. I admit it--I throw them away. They take up so much room under the sink. SO, I decided this year I will be one of those annoying people at the grocery store that you hate to be behind because they are taking so much time. They certainly drew a lot of attention last night. They are cute colors and can hold up to 40 lbs. each. I think I will buy another set because I see that they are on sale right now and one set of 5 bags is only packing about 2/3 of our typical weekly groceries.

Next stop churning our own butter and recycling old cereal boxes into paper in the garage.

3 comments:

mamato3 said...

Love the bags. I have been looking for something similar. The people at Target thought I was nuts when I asked them if I could bring in my old plastic bags and reuse them. Love the idea! Go Greene!

melissa said...

Yeah!! Good girl. I like to stock up on old canvas tote bags at garage sales - I totally look like grandma with my 1980's florida bags! Oh well... it will please grandmother earth. :)

Karla said...

Great idea. We go to Marsh a lot (we can walk there it is so close) and we bought their reusable bags. They actually hold quite a bit, but I will have to look into getting those string bags. Thanks for the idea!