Monday, May 12, 2008

I know it's been a long time since I've posted





when I start typing in the blogger website and it doesn't pop right up.

I haven't been out to visit my garden lately due to all the rain and cold weather. So, when I went out today I was surprised to see my first blunder. I somehow planted two things in the same row!!! I've got lettuce and green beans popping up on top of each other. I guess that goes to show you that when you think you should label the rows and then think, "nah, I'll remember." You should remember that you remember nothing right now. I got out and took a few shots of my blossoming yard. One wonderful thing is that our lilacs are so fragrant that you can smell them as soon as you walk out our back door. I remember when we moved in here (in April) 5 years ago, how taken I was with everything that was growing and how there were new things every few weeks. We have taken out a lot of things and moved things around since then. Last summer we didn't do a lot and I feel like it really shows this year. Everything looks neglected to me right now. My wonderful mom came over this weekend and did some work in our front yard which sadly is even more neglected than the back because we don't spend a lot of time there. She was even out in the pouring rain on Sunday moving rocks and pulling weeds. It was quite a sight to come home to!

I had a great Mother's day weekend. My brother and sister in law sent me flowers. My husband and kids treated me really well. They helped clean the house and bought me a new pair of Chaco sandals. We got to spend time with both of our mom's and we got to go for a long motorcycle ride. It was a very fun weekend. This week we are preparing for the end of the school year and Dallas and Bethany's wedding on Sunday.

No comments: