Saturday, May 03, 2008

The sky is growing dark

And I fear that the 30% chance of rain is going to indeed come to fruition. I have been working in the yard, which I think could become a full time job, and I decided that when my camera (oh yeah, and my husband) comes home from Tennessee I will take some pictures of the growing beauty in my yard to share. The deep purple lilacs are now in full bloom. My guess is that the bush is at least 25 years old, based on how thick some of the branches are. I also noticed lily of the valley that wasn't there last weekend. My poppies should open next week (It's like clockwork--always on Purdue graduation weekend) and the beginnings of our garden are starting to poke through. Today I finally started the indoor seeds (should have been done 2 months ago, whoops!) for basil, mint, and some perennial flowers I'd like to add to my perennial garden. They might not bloom until next summer. I also put another row of green beans in the garden and some broccoli, too. I think I decided today that I'm going to call TruGreen to come and kill the weeds in my yard. It drives me crazy every year and I end up spending more time and energy than I would like to admit stewing over a lawn that doesn't look good to me. So, I am just going to do it.

Well, I'm off to drink my cup of "Mother's Milk" tea. It is supposed to help improve lactation. I am still pumping every day while I am at work and it's been getting a little harder. So I'm going to try it.

5 comments:

Megan said...

we just started using True Green this year, and when we got home from Cleveland there were dandelions all over our yard. Then they came and sprayed... and the next day they started to die!!! It was amazing and wonderful!

Anne said...

I had such trouble pumping when I went back especially when my good pump broke.

Anne said...

Also - I can't wait to hear all about your garden all summer long...it's going to serve as a substitute for me having my own garden.

You know I was just thinking, maybe I'll start a very small pot garden on our balcony - I could do some research and it could work. Some cucumbers and something else...mmmmm...

melissa said...

Love the garden chat :)

That mother's milk tea brings back good memories for my head... bad memories for my tongue. Have you tried fenugreek pills? They work well and are much more tolerable.

Anonymous said...

I tried the tea, and it didn't help. I have heard of it helping other people, though. Have you tried the Fenugreek in pill form? That helped me a LOT. After a day or two I started producing more. I think I took it for a week or so, then I stopped until my milk supply went down again.