Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's the last day of school

Tomorrow is my last day of this school year. I guess I have mixed emotions. It was incredibly hard to go back today--and I was surprised again by how easy it was for me to shift gears into "stay at home" mode. I think I could've walked out the door on Friday and not gone back, which is funny considering how much I actually like my job. We spent much of the weekend working in the yard planting herbs, a few more vegetable plants for the garden, and some flowers. Brian installed a (much needed and greatly appreciated) screen door on our back porch. We visited our friends Heather and Penelope who live on a hog farm. We got to see baby pigs and feed chickens. We talked again about the pros and cons of moving to the country. Mary and Penelope were dressed up in their heels and peasant skirts walking through the hog barns. Elijah majorly wiped out twice and has scabs covering 20% of his body. We had lunch with Brian's parents and the Johnson's. Today I had kindergarten graduation and since Brian is already done with school he played Mr. Mom, and did a great job! The house was pretty clean when I got home, the kids were calm, and he made these delicious pork carnitas and fresh guacamole for dinner. So, tomorrow will be the end. We will start the next leg of our adventure: summer!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'm not surprised that Brian does well staying at home. He seems like the kind of guy that would put his heart into doing anything well!

We miss you guys.