Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Break Day 1

Today Elijah spent the day with his Grandparents Greene since he was missing them so much lately. He used to spend one "special" day a week with Grandma Susan, but now that he is at school he doesn't see them nearly as often--or solo. Mary has strep throat again so we spent the evening caring for her. Also, I think Emily's ear may be bothering her. She's been tugging at it a bit and she was fussier than normal today--especially at bedtime. So, if it doesn't seem better tomorrow I will take her in on Monday to see the doctor.

I cleaned out the kids' closets and took 2 bags to Goodwill. I am dead set on doing some Christmas shopping in our attic this year. We have so many things that go un-played with; I just can't possibly think of more things we must have. I haven't bought anything yet.

We ended up having Christmas dinner with my mom and dad and the kids opened their gifts. Very simple; thank you mom and dad. A bit of clothes for the older two, a deck of cards for Mary, a how-to Juggling kit for Elijah, books for all. It was SUPER fun! We sat by the fire, watched cable, made cookies, put together puzzle ornaments, and listened to XM 36 Holiday Traditions while we ate dinner.

I like spending the first few days of break getting the house organized and cleaned so I can enjoy being in my home. Like so many others I know, I am starting to love my living room by the glow of white Christmas lights. I also am liking the artwork in there, the furniture arrangement, our new clock with a pendulum, and how clean the rug feels with our new vacuum cleaner.

No comments: