Saturday, March 07, 2009

Lazy Saturday

I never thought that a "lazy" Saturday would be getting up at 7:00. I actually woke up at 6:30--which sadly is about an hour and a half later than our usual wake up time these days, but Brian and I laid in bed and talked until the kids came in at 7:00. This is the first Saturday in a long time when I didn't take a shower as soon as I got up because I wouldn't have time otherwise. I made coffee, fed the girls, leisurely put away dishes and then...PLAYED WITH MY CHILDREN! Holy cow. It's been a while. Mary and I made block towers and Emily toddled around us and I read her books when she would plop down in my lap. It was so warm even this morning that Mary and I took a magazine out to the front porch and read for a while. Brian and Elijah took Carter on a long walk, so when they returned I took my shower. I am looking forward to going to the Seeger basketball sectional game tonight--without kids! We hired a sitter. We need to get out a bit. I even packed up all three kids and took them to hear The SmallTown Heroes play at a coffee shop last night. I think we've had so much going on that I've been under more stress than I thought. It felt good to be out of the house and not doing a task. So tonight should be great!

No comments: