Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sad thing: I am looking for a new pediatrician. We love our doctor, just not the process it takes to get in to see her. It is hard for me to justify waiting for an hour every time I get to actually see her and most of the time I just end up seeing a different doctor. I don't like that. It makes me upset that Mary has had strep throat 4 times this winter and probably needs to have her tonsils out but her doctor never would've known it because of those four times guess how many times she saw her pediatrician? 0. Not once. Emily went back today-- after we waited for an hour she got a new antibiotic that hopefully will get her out of her funk. On my list for tomorrow is to call a few smaller practices and see if they are better about managing their caseload. I switched myself to a smaller practice a few years ago and have been much happier than with corporate medicine.


Happy thing: We got to have dinner with my grandparents tonight! They are traveling from Alabama, where they winter, back to Michigan, where they live. They brought some delicious shrimp that we cooked several different ways.

So far I am checking things off my spring break to do list. That always feels good. Am I weird that I put fun things on my list? I think I am a micromanager that way. I blame my dad and his crazy list making genes. I took the kids on a spur of the moment trip downtown on Monday. We picked Elijah up from school and went to McCords to get a real soda fountain coke and some candy. We ended up walking down to the pedestrian bridge and watching the trains go by. The kids had so much fun!!

2 comments:

Karla said...

I remember Mccords candy! My mom used to buy their homemade candy canes for us every Christmas. YUM!!! I am going to have to take my kids when we go up to Lafayette sometime. I will have to add that to my list too!! :) I am a list-maker. It is what gets me through my day-to-day life! :)

Annie said...

I'm sorry you all will be leaving Dr. Miller, but I understand... Especially when time is limited, it's just unforgivable to have to wait SO long to see the doctor.