Monday, March 30, 2009

Before I can even start this post I have to share this picture. Maybe it is getting old watching Emily do ridiculous things and kind of, um, laughing. You be the judge. She fell down at the state park on Saturday morning. Totally biffed out on the sidewalk. Yes, she cried. It was painful to be sure. I held her and wiped her tears and that part wasn't funny at all. But the next morning when she woke up and looked like Rudolph I just couldn't help but snicker.

Over the last two weeks we've had various people on Spring Break. This week it is my turn. We had exactly half of one school day of overlap so we decided to take advantage of it. Brian kept Elijah home from school and Friday afternoon I grabbed the girls from daycare and we all took off for the Indianapolis Zoo. We've only been with Elijah once and the girls have never been. We all had a blast! I think our favorite exhibits were the shark petting, the walruses, and then maybe the giraffes or tiger. We crashed at home on Friday night and I literally went to bed at 8:00, barely after the kids. But it was good because when I woke up Saturday morning my sore throat was gone and I didn't need to take ibuprofen to get through my day. We packed the van and grabbed the dog first thing. We got coffee at k dees and drove out to Prophetstown state park to walk the trails, play on the equipment and see the farm animals. Carter did really well with the other dogs there. It was pretty chilly here on Saturday morning. I was glad we wore our winter coats and we commented that having a dog is helping us to acheive goals that we have for our family every day. There is no way we would've journeyed out just for us if it were that chilly. However we had the.best.time.! When we got home it was only noon so we got to relax for the rest of the day. On the downside, Emily is sick again. I am taking her in tomorrow (I called too late to get an appointment today) because she is still full of snot and coughing again. Last weekend I took her to the pediatric clinic on Saturday with hives. The dr. told us to discontinue her anitbiotic that she got the weekend before and he didn't want her to take something different. I am not convinced that this isn't the same infection that didn't get cleared up because she didn't finish her medicine. Oh joy. At least I am home on Spring Break. And it might not be freezing today.

When you give your 4 year old the camera, here is the shot you get of a tiger.

No comments: