Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I am still alive

I've been a little busy lately, hence my disappearance from blog land. My first week back has been busy, but enjoyable. I am in the process of changing my expectations for a clean house and clean laundry. I am so thankful we have wonderful caregivers to take care of our children. I can go to work and not even worry a little about what my kids are doing during the day. I had still been contemplating staying home next year, but I think we have pretty much decided that I won't unless God makes it really clear that I will. What I want is to stay home and keep the standard of living that we currently have. But the reality is that if I stay home, I would either have to get a part-time job or Brian will have to get a second job. I would not see him very often and our weekends will include one of us being gone. SO, instead I think I am going to be thankful that I have a career that affords me 3 months off every summer, 10 days at Christmas, a week in spring, and various other holidays, as well as very decent hours and pays better than part-time. Oh yeah, and I really like what I do. I guess that is important too.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I'm glad it's going so well! Yay for smooth transitions!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I love reading how you are doing with three children!