Monday, April 07, 2008

lentil soup

This weekend I made some yummy lentil soup. Today after school the kids and I were walking home from the park, collecting things for daddy. Elijah asked what we would have for dinner and I suggested Boca burgers or leftover lentil soup. Mary... sweet, imaginative, Mary, was collecting leaves to make her own soup when we got home. She loves to pretend and often gets caught up in one of her games of make believe. When we got home I was busy for about 10 minutes as I caught up with Brian, got the mail, etc. I went into the kitchen Mary had taken a bowl of (delicious) Thai noodle salad out and was "cooking her lentil soup". Well, I wanted to taste the salad to see how the cabbage held up after 24 hours in the refrigerator. What did I find after I took a big bite of salad? Leaves. Oh, yes. She mixed the leaves from our walk into the "soup".

2 comments:

melissa said...

That so sounds like something that would happen at my house.

So, how was the soup? :)

mamato3 said...

Sounds like she is a chef in the making.

Vonna