Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Happy one week birthday, Emily

I love to think about things in terms of time--to say for example, " one week ago at this moment, I was...(fill in the blank)." One week ago at this moment I was still throwing up every time I tried to sit up (thank you spinal block--I am glad I had you when they were cutting my insides out, but not so much when I couldn't get out of bed for 24 hours). Emily was 12 hours old one week ago at this time. She already seems like such a part of our lives, hard to believe it was just a week ago she was still inside me.

Today was a big day--my first day to leave the house and venture back into the world with help from my chauffeur, Bethany--remember, no driving for two weeks. Of course it was the day that we get 5 inches of snow and half the schools around here were delayed, but we went out anyway. The top priorities for today included:

* getting the staples removed from my abdomen
* getting milk so that we can stop drinking green kool-aid
* pick up Elijah from preschool

Man, did it ever feel good to just walk around the grocery store. I am a homebody, but this is ridiculous. Emily slept through all of it. In fact, she slept through the whole day today. I hope that doesn't mean she's going to be up all night tonight!!

2 comments:

Megan said...

you know... you say you are a home body, but I disagree... You go crazy when you are home. I think you like to be home in the evening after you have been at work all day. Anyway, Happy staple removal (i felt much better once mine were removed). And Happy getting out of the house day... and Happy One Week Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I want full updates on how it is to juggle three children. You are now my mentor!